Saturday, March 15, 2008

Time

The New York Times last week had a lovely piece on the time paradox - if you think you have less of it, you probably will.

"....because the time we experience bears little relation to time as read on a clock. The brain creates its own time, and it is this inner time, not clock time, that guides our actions."

I've been thinking about how there are days I see myself as being harried and generally rushed, while there are other days when it doesn't seem so. However, the real quantum of difference between these days isn't very different.

I see myself ( and people see me, I think) as being a more laid-back person mainly because I somehow always see time luxuriously stretched out in front of me, even when deadlines whoosh by. So I do have time to stand and stare. As Dean Moriarty would say, "We know time."

And of course, xkcd has the last word.

No comments: