Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rock-alicious

Bon Jovi rocked Key Arena on the 6th. Old favorites coupled with some surprisingly thoughtful songwriting on the new album made for a fun show. Then of course, there were the screaming women. I had ringing ears long after I came out, and the number of people singing along to "I'll be there for you" was enough to make you cringe.

I realized that the songs of Bon Jovi I like are different from the ones that are the most popular. The most loved ones are the "power ballads" - what I'd call the sappy love songs - "Always", "Bed of Roses" and "I'll be there for you". I prefer their "young rebel" ones ("Blaze of Glory", "Dead or Alive", "Keep the Faith") - keeping with the age I started listening to them.

I'm not complaining since they did sing the songs I wanted to listen to.

So, here goes the list of big acts I've seen live so far:

Mark Knopfler
Bryan Adams
Def Leppard
Coldplay
Bon Jovi

If I see U2, Eric Clapton and Pink Floyd (fat chance eh?) perform live, I can die satisfied.


No comments: